Friday, September 18, 2009

Referral: Tara Smith On Getting Her kids their flu vaccines

 

# 3753

 

Dr. Tara Smith, who writes the very fine blog called Aetiology, has been on a bit of a hiatus the past few months, but she weighs in today with a post on why she’s getting her kids vaccinated for flu. 

 

Follow the link to read it in its entirety, and if you haven’t read the Revere’s post on Effect Measure from yesterday about the rationale behind taking the seasonal vaccine this year, go to Seasonal flu: Why I got vaccinated.

 

I got mine yesterday.

 

 

Why I'll be getting my kids their flu vaccines

 

Taking a brief hiatus from my hiatus to discuss a question I've been asked a number of times in recent weeks by friends and family: what about flu shots? Are you getting one for yourself? Your kids? The answer is yes to both, with more explanation after the jump.

 

Read on »