Thursday, September 24, 2009

Spreading The Message, Not The Flu

 

 

# 3765

 

 

 

About two-weeks ago I wrote an essay called `Being A Sneeze Guard’, where I recounted my encounter at a local grocery store checkout line with a sneezing, coughing, and unrepentant cashier. 

 

I suggested that we should all become proactive in educating those we come upon during this flu season who seem oblivious to their own spreading of the virus. 

 

That essay caught the eye of a reporter Rebecca Nappi – for the Spokesman-Review in Spokane, Washington, who emailed me and later that day we ended up doing about a 30 minute telephone interview.

 

The end result is that Rebecca was able to build on my essay, interview some local folks, and put together a very nice article for her paper on coughing and sneezing etiquette.

 

Experts offer advice for keeping germs at bay during cold-and-flu season

 

Thanks Becky,  it was a pleasure talking with you, and I hope you get great  feedback on your story.