Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Semi-Hiatus

 

 

 

# 4949

 

 

In a few hours I’ll be leaving for a 4 day semi-hiatus to St. Augustine, Florida where sometime tomorrow morning I should be able to wave to (by then) Tropical Storm Nicole as it passes to our east.

 

I expect the surf will be up at the beach.

 

The latest storm track from the National Hurricane Center has the storm racing northward, making landfall around the North Carolina – South Carolina border tomorrow afternoon.

 

image

 

Today, it’s south Florida under the gun as this system moves over the Florida straits and sideswipes Miami.

 

It’s track takes it over the warm gulf stream, once it emerges from Florida, so some intensification is possible.  Interests all along the eastern seaboard will want to keep up with this storm’s movements.

 

I’ll have my laptop with me, and will try to update this blog if possible, but until I return on Sunday, my efforts will probably be limited.

 

Of course, with the considerable talents of Crof, Arkanoid Legent, BFIC, Chen Qi, Maryn Mckenna, Ian York and the newshounds on forums like the Flu Wiki and FluTrackers, Flublogia is in excellent hands.