While the Korean MERS cluster is showing encouraging signs of slowing down it may take as many as four weeks (2x’s the 14 day incubation period) without new cases before we can say the outbreak is truly over. Today, however, another case has been added to the list, along with two deaths (Pt #87 F, 79 & Pt #140 F, 80 – both with major comorbidities).
Case #181 is a 26 y.o. male, and is described as a Medical Worker at Samsung Hospital.
As we’ve mentioned before, fatalities are often a trailing indicator as some patients may succumb after days or even weeks of treatment. The CFR currently sits at 17.1%, but is likely to increase somewhat over time.
- the treatment of 69 patients (38.1%), hospital discharge 81 patients (44.8%) died 31 persons (17.1%) diagnosed with total 181 persons
- day of treatment compared to 8 persons decreased , discharge character 7 persons increased , deceased two persons increases , confirmed 1 persons increased
- it is treated 69 patients stable state is 56 persons (81.2%), unstable 13 patients (18.8%).
- Confirmed type of hospital patients 82 patients , families / visit 64 people , hospital workers 35 people
○ 181 is first diagnosed 135 patients with the diagnosis of a second medical ( doctor ) as , 6.11 ~ 6.15 days he worked at Samsung Seoul Hospital , 6.17 from the date of self-isolation and the case is confirmed during monitoring .