Although I’ve not found an official MOH announcement on their website, multiple Arabic news sources are reporting this morning on Egypt’s 21st H5N1 case of the year, and the death of a previously announced case. Today’s case makes Egypt’s 50th human infection reported since this current outbreak began in mid-November.
Egyptian media reports quoting the MOH have been very reliable in recent weeks, and often appear hours or even days before an official statement is published.
I’ll update this blog with a link to the MOH’s announcement when it is posted.
Liberation Announced the Ministry of Health said in a statement on Wednesday, for the death of a new case of infection, "bird flu", a condition of a woman from the Cairo governorate, also confirmed a child at the age of three and a half years of Assiut Governorate injury, and is still under hospital capital Cairo treatment.
The ministry said in a statement that it had been healing the cases of the virus, "bird flu" and they came out of the hospital on Tuesday from the governorates of Minya and Menoufia, bringing the total number of cases of bird flu during 2015 so far 21 cases (8 cases of healing of 0.7 cases under treatment, 6 deaths ( .
It also directed the Ministry of Health and Population call for citizens who deal with poultry to go immediately to the nearest hospital for the health service in the event of the appearance of flu symptoms on them, where that had infected bird flu for "Tamiflu" during the first 24 hours of the onset of symptoms increases the cure rates of disease and reduces mortality rates
Yesterday, in Egypt: Government Statements On H5N1 Response & Latest Fatality, we saw several strong statements by both local and national health authorities regarding this current outbreak, and measures being taken to try to bring it under control.