The Korean CDC MERS update for tonight lists 3 new cases, and 4 additional fatalities, since the last update. Five more people have been discharged, bringing that total to 24. Two of the three new cases are linked to hospital exposure, while the epidemiological investigation continues on the third.
The four deaths – case #31 (age 69), case #42 (age 54), case #77 (age 64) & case #82 (age 82) – are all listed as having significant co-morbidities.
Currently 118 patients are under treatment, and of those, 86% are listed as being in stable condition. Seventeen other patients are listed as unstable.
The machine translation of the CDC announcement follows:
- Now confirmed a total of 165 people , currently 118 patients (72%) of treatment , 24 patients (15%) hospital , 23 patients (14%) died
- being treated 118 patients condition is stable, 101 patients (86%), unstable 17 patients (14%)
- Now it confirmed yesterday against three persons , discharged Now 5 people , dead four people increased
- types of hospital patients infected 77 patients (47%), family / munbyeong 58 patients (35%), hospital workers 30 patients (18%)
<1> confirmed party general status
□ Department of Health and Human Services Homers central management task force is 6.18 at 06 o'clock today , Homers ( Middle respiratory disease ) who confirmed the previous day three persons increased 165 persons he said .
○ patient is being treated 118 patients (72%) in the previous day (124 patients ) than 6 persons did decrease and , who discharged 24 patients (15%) in 5 patients had increased , the death toll is 23 people (14%) in 4 patients increased was . As a result , the first self-discharge deaths
□ than the day before he confirmed three people were increased .
○ 163 The first confirmed 119 th period of hospitalization self-diagnosis Asan Hospital Chungmu 6.5 to 6.9 was a medical ward same day ,
○ 164 The first confirmed 75 second , 80 second self-diagnosis is a medical staff of the hospital wards, such as Samsung are hospitalized .
○ 165 th person diagnosed and the patient being admitted to the Gangdong Kyung Hee University Hospital , under the current epidemiological investigation in progress .