The Korean CDC has updated their numbers, and adds 14 new MERS cases, bringing the total so far to 122. Eight of the cases are linked to Samsung Hospital, while 1 case is linked to Sacred Heart Hospital.
Of particular note, 5 cases are listed as having their epidemiological investigation still in progress.
There will be considerable interest in seeing whether further investigation shows all five cases follow the same pattern of having been acquired through hospital exposure as have the others.
Patient listing courtesy of Sharon Sanders at FluTrackers .
# Personal Info Confirmed Overview
- 109 (Female, 39 years) 6.10 .5.27 ~ 5.28 Samsung Seoul Hospital emergency room stay, (Seoul Bo hwanyeon, jilbon)
- 110 (Female, 57 years) 6.10 .5.28 # 14 and Samsung Seoul Hospital emergency room stay (charging Bo hwanyeon)
- 111 (Female, 43 years) 6.10 .5.27 # 14 and Samsung Seoul Hospital emergency room stays (Seoul Bo hwanyeon)
- 112 (Male, 63 years) 6.10 .5.27 # 14 and Samsung Seoul Hospital emergency room stays (Jeonbuk Bo hwanyeon)
- 113 (Male, 64 years) 6.10 .5.27 # 14 visited a hospital emergency room and Samsung (South Jeolla Province Bo hwanyeon)
- 114 (Male, 46 years) 6.10 .5.27 ~ 5.29 # 14 of Samsung Seoul Hospital emergency rooms stay (Seoul Bo hwanyeon)
- 115 (Female, 77 years) 6.10 .5.27 Samsung Seoul hospital outpatient admission (Gyeongnam Bo hwanyeon)
- 116 (Female, 56 years) 6.10 .5.27 # 14 and Samsung Seoul Hospital emergency room stays
- 117 (Female, 25 years) 6.10 .5.27 ~ 5.29 # 15 in contact with, Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University Dongtan staff
- 118 (Female, 67 years) 6.10 Among epidemiology progress (jilbon)
- 119 (Male, 35 years) 6.10 Among epidemiology progress (jilbon)
- 120 (Male, 75 years) 6.10 Among epidemiology progress (jilbon)
- 121 (Male, 77 years) 6.10 Among epidemiology progress (jilbon)
- 122 (Female, 55 years) 6.10 Among epidemiology progress (jilbon)
And finally, media reports from earlier today stating that a pregnant woman has been diganosed with the virus are confirmed. Although there is no specific treatment for MERS, pregnancy would preclude the administration of some of the experimental therapies - like Ribavirin (listed as Category X by the FDA) - that have been tried in the past.
Homers party confirmed 14 additional patients , a total of 122 people 39 -year-old pregnant woman tests positive decision Homers
□ Department of Health and Human Services ' central Homers management task force " is 6 month 11 days ( neck ), confirmed by positive test results Homers 14 patients (5 patients epidemiological investigation is in progress ) announced an additional case of .
○ 9 published cases of patients , 8 patients 5.27 ~ 5.29 exposed at Samsung Seoul Hospital was , first name 5.27 ~ 5.29 days at Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University Dongtan 15 and the second party confirmed a case of contact .
○ remaining five are the test results for patients notified in the middle of the night Centers for Disease Control is currently undergoing an epidemiological investigation .
□ On the other hand , exposed at Samsung Seoul Hospital, 8 patients during pregnancy (39 years old ) 1 including brightness is .
○ Countermeasures Headquarters " party confirmed a total of 122 pregnant women of the people, and for the first time , foreign infections in pregnant women is less evidence about the risk of other complications, such as patients with normal values, but clearly , there is a need to pay more particular attention to the treatment , " said He said .
* US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has a chronically ill pregnant women , immune Let me , as elderly care usually need to specify the target with
○ In the case of pregnant women , antiviral agents ( ribavirin ), for administration of interferon and the like since it is difficult persistent symptoms observed while performing an active symptomatic therapy is known to be .
○ current patient status was confirmed to be stable .