Although the threats posed by growing antimicrobial resistance have long been a part of the CIDRAP's (Center For Infectious Disease Research & Policy) wheelhouse, this month they have unveiled a new web presence dedicated to promoting better antimicrobial stewardship.
Just as they have for years with influenza, public health practices, emerging infectious diseases, and biosecurity issues I'm certain this ASP portal is destined to become the go-to place on the net for the latest on antimicrobial resistance news, research, and policy recommendations.
I've posted the project's description below. You can access the new site at http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/asp.
Antimicrobial Stewardship Project
The CIDRAP Antimicrobial Stewardship Project (ASP) offers freely available, high-quality information and educational resources on antimicrobial stewardship practice, research, and policy. It features a dynamic, content-rich Web site designed to actively engage a diverse, international audience.
This project capitalizes on CIDRAP’s existing internationally recognized expertise, infectious disease news and information system, Web site infrastructure, and strong national and international audiences.
Activities include the following:
- Meet the Experts: This content series involves webinars and audio podcasts provided by our world-renowned ASP Advisory Committee members. Each focuses on a specific area of interest within the topics of antimicrobial resistance and antimicrobial stewardship. The live webinars provide an interactive opportunity to viewers, and the recorded audio podcasts include short question-and-answer sessions.
- ASP News: As a world-leading source of current, comprehensive, and authoritative information, CIDRAP’s news publishing division produces original news stories and maintains in-depth information on a wide range of infectious disease topics. We have now added antimicrobial resistance and stewardship as a priority infectious disease topic.
- Online Journal Club: The ASP online journal club highlights important new published research in the area of antimicrobial resistance and stewardship. Viewers have the opportunity to share comments on each highlighted research study.
- Policy Updates: Several times each year, CIDRAP prepares summaries of key legislative and policy issues germane to antimicrobial resistance and stewardship.
- Bibliographies and Online Resources: CIDRAP maintains lists of current literature by various topic areas and continuously searches for new online resources. These are compiled in the Resources area.
- Events Calendar and Conference Summaries. CIDRAP maintains an ongoing list of upcoming conferences on antimicrobial resistance and stewardship and provides in-person news coverage of several selected conferences each year.
- Social Media Outreach. CIDRAP provides ongoing contact with site users via Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to ensure they have current and up-to-date information.
The CIDRAP ASP Web site launched in July 2016 through a grant from Merck & Co., Inc.
Visit the ASP page.