As of last week's HK CHP Avian Flu Report Week 14, Beijing Municipality has reported 5 (mostly imported) H7N9 cases for this 5th epidemic season - like much of the rest of China, indicating a sharp increase in cases over the previous 4 years. During the first 4 waves, Beijing had been largely spared, averaging just over 2 cases per winter.
Last Friday, Beijing indicated a 6th case had been reported (see here), but provided no details.
Over the weekend Beijing's Center For Disease Control released the following statement which jumps that number up to 7 cases. Of these, were 3 locally acquired and 4 were imported from surrounding provinces.
The translated syntax then become a bit more challenging, as it goes on to describe what appears to be Beijing's first cluster (2 cases) of H7N9 infection, which they state had a `common exposure history'. Details on this shared exposure are not provided.
The CDC then warns that the risk of seeing additional imported cases remains high, and more locally acquired cases (and clusters) are possible.
Prevention of H7N9, emphasis on self-protection
Source: Publicity Center - Beijing CDC
This year, China has more cases of H7N9.
As of April 13, 2017, six cases were reported in the city this year, H7N9 bird flu, involving seven cases. 3 cases of local cases, 4 cases of field to Beijing treatment of imported cases. Among them, two cases April 5 report of the investigation determined that the clusters of disease together, is the city since the first local clusters of disease, two cases have a common exposure history, 1 case had died, 1 patient in hospital treatment , stable condition. Enter Case 4 exception province, two were from Hebei Langfang, one case of origin now living in Qinhuangdao, Hebei, Liaoning, and 1 from Qingdao, Shandong. The same period in 2016, the city did not report cases of H7N9 bird flu.
3 cases of local H7N9 bird flu occurred in Beijing, have a history of exposure to live poultry, the survey found that the source of infection in these cases are from itinerant traders buy live poultry or reared, these all point to the ultimate source of live poultry itinerant traders in Hebei Province. In view of this situation, the city in the future there may appear sporadic local cases, do not rule out a small number of clusters of disease occur. Coupled with the city outside Beijing the number of visits to a number of cases, and therefore the risk of imported cases remained at a high level.
How to prevent infection in daily life H7N9?
Prevention of H7N9, the most important thing is to reduce exposure, do personal protection, to develop good health habits. Here to remind you:
1, to try to avoid contact with livestock;
2, from the formal channels to buy chilled poultry meat, eat poultry eggs to be fully cooked, and pay attention to raw and cooked separately;
3, try to avoid contact with dead birds, pay attention to stay away from the poultry slaughter scene;
4, in particular, to avoid the market for live poultry trade;
5, wash your hands, pay attention to personal hygiene; reasonable diet, to ensure adequate nutrition and sleep; pay attention to timely increase or decrease clothes.
How does the crowd close to the birds prevent H7N9?
There is evidence that exposure to live poultry and live poultry is an important risk factor for infection with H7N9. Respiratory and direct contact with the virus carrying poultry and its excretions, secretions may be infected with H7N9 virus, the main route of transmission. Mainly through the following routes: inhalation of avian influenza virus containing droplets or droplets of nuclear; direct contact with avian influenza virus infection of poultry or its secretions and excreta; indirect contact with avian influenza virus contaminated items and the environment
1, poultry lovers should be how to prevent H7N9?
(1) to strengthen the feeding and management, improve the disease resistance of birds; pay attention to the health of cages; to ensure that the cage ventilation; lofts, birdcage to pay special attention to health, pay attention to daily disinfection.
(2) Keep the birds in the home and avoid contact with wild birds. Once the contact, to the cage to disinfect, if necessary, to the animal epidemic prevention departments for epidemic prevention.
(3) to avoid contact with birds and their feces as much as possible when raising birds or bird watching. Wear gloves when handling faeces. After touching them or their feces, you must thoroughly clean your hands with soap and water.
(4) bird watching process does not pick up dead birds, do not eat wild birds.
2, poultry practitioners should be how to prevent H7N9?
(1) Personal protection should be done during the course of work in contact with poultry to reduce direct contact with poultry.
(2) clean the poultry house, to strictly enforce the cleaning and disinfection procedures; clean finished, the timely and thorough hand washing and disinfection; when the body contact with poultry dirt, but also thoroughly cleaned.
(3) when the discovery of dead birds, and promptly notify the local animal quarantine departments to deal with.
(4) When there is fever, cough, sore throat, general malaise and other symptoms, should wear a mask, and as soon as possible to the fever clinic for medical treatment, and take the initiative to tell the doctor's own occupation and the history of the disease before the disease.
(5) to keep the ground wash, indoor ventilation, pay attention to nutrition, to ensure adequate sleep and rest, strengthen physical exercise.
3, how to prevent poultry processing H7N9?
(1) Always clean and disinfect all work benches, equipment and utensils for poultry preparation, often wash your hands.
(2) to deal with poultry meat to be cooked to separate. In particular, some containers, containers should also be noted that raw and cooked separately.
(3) to ensure that the food cooking to the appropriate temperature, avian influenza virus is generally sensitive to heat, strong resistance to low temperature, 65 ℃ heating for 30 minutes or boiling (100 ℃) 2 minutes or more inactivated, fully cooked poultry / Pork and so on can be eaten.
(4) When the hand is damaged to deal with meat, it is recommended to wear gloves.null