|Kagawa Prefecture - Credit Wikipedia|
Japan, which saw several hundred environmental detections of H5N6 last winter - along with nearly a dozen poultry outbreaks - has had a pretty easy go of it so far, reporting just 11 environmental samples (bird feces) positive for AI this winter.
Overnight, however, Japan's Ministry of Agriculture (MAFF) has announced their investigation into a suspected outbreak of avian flu at a poultry farm in Kagawa prefecture.Reportedly this farm has roughly 100,000 birds, which will be culled if laboratory tests confirm their suspicion. In the meantime we have the following (translated) statement from the Ministry on the steps they are taking.
For confirmation of cases of highly pathogenic avian influenza is suspected and held the "Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries avian influenza epidemic prevention task force" in Kagawa Prefecture
2018. January 10,
the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Today, in the flesh for a chicken farm in Kagawa Prefecture Sanuki, cases of suspected highly pathogenic avian influenza, which is a livestock epidemic has been confirmed. In response to this, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries is, today, we held a "Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries avian influenza epidemic prevention task force", decided the future of the corresponding policy.
The farm has to refrain from moves such as breeding poultry from the point at which there was a report from the farmers.
It should be noted that, in Japan, this by eating poultry meat and poultry eggs to, cases of avian influenza virus was transmitted to humans has not been reported.
Interview in the field, that there is a risk that cause the spread of the disease, since it could violate the privacy of those farmers, thank you for your cooperation as strictly avoided.
1. farm Overview
- Location: Kagawa Prefecture Sanuki
- breeding situation: meat for chicken (about 100,000 million birds)
(1) today, Kagawa Prefecture, in response to the report to the effect that the death meat for chicken has increased, carry out on-site inspection of the farm along with the request to refrain from moving relative to the farm.
(2) the meat for chicken for implementing the flu simple test positive.
(3) Currently, genetic testing being conducted on the broiler.
3. of future correspondence
Based on the genetic test result, if it has been determined is a pseudo highly pathogenic avian influenza, based on such "specific ANIMAL DISEASES Quarantine Guidelines concerning highly pathogenic avian influenza and low pathogenic avian influenza", the following measures It will be conducted.
1. (1) The farm breeding poultry culling and burial,
(2) from the farm setting movement restriction zone for the area within a radius of 3km,
(3) from a 3km radius area for unloading restricted area within 10km quickly and accurately implement the settings, and the like necessary quarantine measures.
2. For farm movement restricted area, quickly implement the occurrence confirmatory test.
3. To spread of infection prevention, strengthening the disinfection of peripheral generation farm, installing a disinfection point to the main road.
4. held a Food, Agriculture and Rural Policy Council animal health Subcommittee poultry disease subcommittee, obtain technical advice necessary to quarantine measures.
5. infection status, the infection route and the like to know exactly, in order to allow the study of the precise quarantine policy, send experts of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries and Noken mechanism animal health research department to the local.
6. dispatched to assist the quarantine measures of disposal, buried却等killing of Kagawa Prefecture, if necessary, all over the animal quarantine station, the "emergency support team" from the National Livestock Breeding Center and the like.
7. dispatch of epidemiological investigation team.
8. to all the prefectures, again notice the thoroughness of early detection and early notification of the disease.
9. while reducing the related ministries and sufficient cooperation, producer, consumer, try to provide accurate information to the distributors and the like.
(1) the farm has to refrain from moves such as breeding poultry from the point at which there was a report from the farmers.
(2) It should be noted that in our country, so far by eating poultry meat and poultry eggs, cases of avian influenza virus was transmitted to humans has not been reported.
(3) interview in the field, that there is a risk that cause the spread of the disease, since it could violate the privacy of those farmers, thank you for your cooperation as strictly avoided.
(4) in the future, so we will endeavor to provide quick and accurate information, so as not to be confused by such relations of production and consumers, such as who is unfounded rumor, thank you for your cooperation.