Friday, January 25, 2008

Blogs dans le français

 

# 1536

 

 

One of the limitations to blogging in English on a global issue like bird flu is that not everyone is fluent in that language.   I've explored the idea of putting up a machine translation of my blogs in French and Spanish, but the results from such software programs are often too convoluted to be much use. 

 

Well, a couple of days ago I learned of a web site out of Québec, Canada where the members hand translate and post avian flu blogs (not just mine, of course) in the French Language.

 

The web site is Zonegrippeaviaire.com, and they are translating selections from Effect Measure, Scott McPherson, Recombinomics, Pandemic Flu Information, along with Avian Flu Diary.

 

I'm honored to be included in this list.  My thanks to the folks at Zonegrippeaviaire.com  for doing a difficult and painstaking job, helping to bring the latest avian flu information to an audience that might not otherwise have access.

 

Zonegrippeaviaire also publishes their own commentary in in The "Gazette de Zonegrippeaviaire".  My deep thanks to Lyro, Site administrator at  Zonegrippeaviaire, for emailing me and letting me know about the work they are doing.

 

I'll be adding a sidebar link later today.