Until today, in the little more than a week since it was first identified, detections of H5N8 have been centered in and around the capital city Riyadh and in surrounding Riyadh province.
Today, however, we learn that the virus has been found at a poultry facility in Al-Ahsa, in the Eastern Province - some 300 km to the east.This update from the Saudi Ministry of Environment, Water & Agriculture (MEWA).
- The number of samples that arrived at the veterinary diagnostic laboratory in Riyadh to this day (1503) samples since the beginning of the outbreak, and collected samples based on the reports of citizens, and procedures for the survey and investigation in the vicinity of the affected areas.
- the number of cases of bird flu among birds reached during the twenty-four hours past one injured in a barn breeding especially in Al-Ahsa in the Eastern Province, the ministry began the application of the emergency plan in cooperation with the competent authorities.
- continue to field teams in Dhurma work to complete disinfection procedures and prevention in a poultry project, and completed field teams in cooperation with the municipality Dhurma safe disposal of 120 thousand birds in the project.
- also continues to field teams in the output of work to complete disinfection procedures and prevention in one of the affected areas, and completed field teams in collaboration with Al-Kharj municipality safe disposal of (4240) birds.
- in Almzahmip also continue to field teams in cooperation with the Municipality Almzahmip disinfection procedures and prevention of eight sites were safe disposal of (1573) birds.
- also completed field teams in cooperation with the Secretariat of Riyadh, cleansing procedures and prevention in a poultry project in the city of Riyadh, was safe disposal of 103.640 birds on the site.
- The number of communications received amounted to the emergency room during the past twenty-four hours (14) tip, were directly (21) a communication which, while arrived in the emergency room (42) inquiries.
- The ministry emphasizes the poultry farms in the Kingdom of the need to tighten biosecurity measures, and the lack of transport in the incidence of areas of bird flu and the need to cleanse and wash transport vehicles at the entrances of farms and poultry processing plants and feed mills in the projects, and will field teams its visits of inspection, and the closure of offending facilities, and the rhythm of sanctions , according to the regulations.
- The ministry has banned all poultry projects and transport companies, as well as bird breeders and individuals, any transfer of birds between the regions of the Kingdom without obtaining a permit from the ministry.
- The ministry of bird breeders in the kingdom called to avoid buying live birds from unknown sources, and not to bring birds to markets and places selling random, to reduce the risk of the spread of the disease.