Thursday, April 19, 2007

Video: Countdown to Crisis: Pandemic Flu In Arizona

 

# 683

 

As some of my readers are aware, I held my first paramedic post in Scottsdale Arizona, back in the mid-1970's.  So it is with particular interest that I've been following their preparations for a potential pandemic.   I recently featured an article on their Coyote Crisis Campaign, which they hold each year on a different disaster scenario.

 

This year, it was for pandemic influenza.

 

Now, there is a short film available on the Internet showing how the health care system in Scottsdale, Arizona is preparing for a pandemic. 

 

I'm pleased to showcase this film, hosted by First Responder Products, which gives a realistic look at some of the problems the health care system will deal with in a pandemic.   

 

The video, by Dan Verton, may be viewed here.

 

Nicely done.


A hat tip to Blue on Flutrackers for posting this link.