Monday, June 25, 2007

HHS Pandemic Flu Leadership Blog

 

# 932

 

This week the HHS's Pandemic Flu Leadership blog will come to a close, but should remain accessible on the web for people to read for some time.  Commenting on the blogs will end on the 27th. 

 

You still have a couple of days to participate, and make your concerns known.  There is a wealth of information available on this site, and it will make a good referral site to give to people you want to bring up to speed on pandemic issues.  If nothing else, the seriousness by which the HHS takes all of this should be apparent.

 

I'd like to publicly thank the HHS for inviting me to participate in this years blog.  They never attempted to edit, censor, or influence anything I wrote.  I was given no `guidelines' as to what I could say.   They took a big risk, inviting bloggers in, and I commend them for it.

 

Hopefully this sort of communications strategy will be used again in the future, and improved upon.  To be truly effective, it needs to be a two-way conversation, with more response from the HHS to questions. 

 

For a first attempt at something new and completely alien to the HHS, I think they should be congratulated.  I'm looking forward to seeing how they can improve the format, and the level of interaction, in the future.