Friday, July 25, 2008

Welcoming A New Blogger

 

# 2176

 

 

I'm always delighted to find and introduce a new blogger to my readers.  Last night I discovered quite by accident that Joel, an occasional commenter to this blog, has an excellent blog of his own.

 

The blog is called  PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE, and you'll find the link also in my sidebar. 

 

 

I'll let Joel describe himself, and his blog for you.  From his website:

 

 

About Me

Joel
I currently work in public health preparedness, specifically pandemic flu preparedness. I have also worked on volunteer issues, integration of different stakeholders, and medical surge capacity/capability.
 

Background

This is a blog covering my personal and professional experience and research into the areas of preparedness and response. It will cover both public health and emergency management issues, looking at all areas of incident management and preparedness. I hope that the information and resources I provide here will be useful and please contact me with any suggestions or questions.

 

 

 

While not specifically a `flu blog', emergency preparedness is certainly a major issue during any crisis, particularly a pandemic.   It is also an area that is near and dear to my heart.

 

 

Since Joel's  blog was started only in May, there are only about a dozen essays on it right now.  I can assure you they are very good essays, with the three most recent ones dealing with citizen volunteers.

 

 

  • Volunteer use part 1: The Citizen Corps
  • Volunteer use part 2: HAMs
  • Volunteer use part 3: Faith-based and unaffiliated...

     

     

    I look forward to additional entries by Joel, and hope you all take the time to visit his site.

     

    Good luck, Joel!