Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A 48 Hour Hiatus

 

 

 

I’ll be on hiatus until Thursday morning sometime, as I’m flying to Washington D.C. later today to take part in an HHS/CDC tabletop exercise entitled:

 

Preparing for a H1N1 Flu Vaccination Campaign:

A Tabletop Communications Exercise between Government and the Media.

 

It is an honor to be invited and an opportunity get briefed, play a (very minor) role in some of the discussion, and to catch up with a number of people I’ve been lucky enough to meet in the past, and to make new acquaintances as well.

 

Old friends Sharon Sanders of Flutrackers and  Dr. Greg Dworkin of the Flu Wiki  will be there, along with Lisa Schnirring of CIDRAP News.

 

No doubt others I met at the last tabletop I attended will be there as well.  This is going to be a whirlwind trip.  I fly in this evening, the meeting is all day tomorrow, and I’m home about 11pm tomorrow night.   

 

Thursday may, understandably, be a `light’ blogging day.  

 

Until then . . .

 

 

(Since I’ll be gone, I’ve set comment moderation `ON’.  Comments won’t appear until I get back and can screen them.  Sorry, spammers have been hitting with regularity).