Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Getting Your Daily Fix

 



# 5881

 

 

I’ll be on the road over the next few days and my blogging schedule will be lighter than usual.  I will have my trusty netbook with me, and will try to blog when I can.  I expect to return on Sunday.


In the meantime, I would invite you visit Crofsblog, Maryn McKenna’s Superbug blog, Vincent Racaniello’s Virology blog, BFIC, Arkanoid Legent, A Times Memory , along with the news forums at FluTrackers and the Flu Wiki.

 

And if you are not already visiting them, I would remind you of the growing number of `Internet Newspapers’ that use the power of twitter lists combined with new publishing software.

 

 

Published usually every 24 hours, these daily roundups gather together links and stories of particular interest to specialized groups.

 

Below is a screen shot from Cesar Sanchez’s Microbiology Daily, which is just one of the papers Cesar maintains.

 

image

 

I currently check out 6 Twitter papers each day, but there are thousands to choose from on hundreds of topics. 

 

You can search for those that interest you at http://paper.li/.

 

In the meantime, to get you started, these are the ones I visit each day.

 

The Emergency Management Daily

The MicrobiologyBytes Daily

The Food & Agriculture Spotlight

The Daily Ren

The Sciencemob Daily

The Microbiology Daily