Saturday, May 05, 2007

When Flubies Converge

 

# 735

 

Later today I'll be taking off for a whirlwind 36 hour run down to Ft. Myers, where I will be meeting once again with a group of my favorite flubies.   This is our second organized meeting, and it now appears that we will get together twice a year.

 

Our first confab was a rousing success, and our numbers have grown for this meeting.  While the festivities are planned to run through Tuesday, I must regrettably leave Sunday night.

 

Simultaneously, in Middlebury Indiana a number of flubies from several forums will be gathering today, coming from as far away as Canada.

 

One of the great side benefits of belonging to the flu forums, and the flubie community in general, are the people you meet.  I'm very lucky to have found so many good friends along the way.

 

So, since it's a thankfully slow weekend, know that SophiaZoe and I, along with a dozen or so other like-minded individuals, will be solving the worlds problems over shrimp scampi and beer tonight.

 

I'm sure all of you will understand why I won't be posting much this weekend.  Even bloggers have to step away from the keyboard occasionally.  


To those congregating in Indiana, I hope your get together is a success, and the first of many.