Tuesday, May 31, 2011

World No Tobacco Day

 


# 5587

 

image

Today, May 31st, is designated by the World Health Organization as  World No Tobacco Day.

 

This year’s focus is on WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (WHO FCTC) in the fight against the global use of Tobacco.

 

Tobacco products are blamed for six million deaths each year, including hundreds of thousands due to 2nd-hand exposure.  You can read more about the WHO’s Tobacco Free Initiative including the World No Tobacco Day press release.

 

Today is also – coincidentally – the 4th anniversary of my smoking my last cigarette.

 

I was solidly hooked, smoking 2+ packs a day, and had been doing so for years.  It was expensive and disgusting habit, and was a danger to my health.

 

But all of my previous attempts to stop had failed.


I asked my doctor for advice, and he prescribed a medicine that helped me quit.  It wasn’t exactly easy . . . but it turned out not to be as difficult as I feared.

 

The point is, there are new and better ways to help you kick the habit.  Your doctor can help you find one that will work for you.

 

Believe me, if I can quit, you can too.