Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Quick H7N9 Notes: Crof’s Links & The Return Of Scott McPherson’s Blog

 

 


# 7056

 

Crof over at Crofsblog  has put together a terrific set of links for searching H7N9, along with the `core’ people to follow on emerging infectious diseases.  Follow the link to read:

 

Following H7N9 on your own

Amazing how one upstart little virus can hijack my blog. I'm about to try catching up on some of the many other stories I usually cover, but I realize some visitors are even more H7N9-obsessed than I (which is saying something). So if you're that kind of person, and really don't want to scroll through reports on all the other ills that flesh is heir to, here's a basic list of H7N9 resources.

 

Additionally, I’m pleased to announce that after a prolonged sabbatical, Scott McPherson is getting his feet wet again, and has posted a blog on the emergence of H7N9.

 

All eyes on China as novel influenza virus emerges

Posted on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 09:03AM by The world woke up Easter Sunday to some pretty unsettling news.  No, it was not about that twit in North Korea.  The news came out of China, and it hit hard enough for me to start blogging again.

 

China is the source of a novel H7N9 influenza virus.  And the virus is infecting, and killing, humans.

(Continue . . . )