Over the past 48 hours the number of COVID-19 cases identified in South Korea has nearly doubled with the addition of more than 1,000 new cases. The Feb 28th 0900hrs and 1600hrs updates from the Korean CDC - combined - have added 571 cases over the past 24 hours.
A breakdown of cases by location (as of their 0900hrs report), and some excerpts from the accompanying epidemiological notes follow:
○ In Busan, 63 people were confirmed * by 9 am today, and 32 cases (50.8%) were related to the hot spring church in Dongnae-gu.
* It will be distributed to 65 people in the aggregate data as of 10:00 pm
○ In Gyeongbuk area, it is centered on group facilities (conventional Chilgok Milal Love House, Yecheon Paradise Village, and Gyeongsan Seorin Nursing Home (confirmed one employee among 122 employees and residents)). It is expected to add cases related to the Daegu Church.
-At Qingdao Daenam Hospital, three additional employees * who were in containment were confirmed *, and a total of 117 people ** were confirmed as cases related to Qingdao South Hospital.
* 103 patients out of 117, 13 employees, 1 family contact (43 of whom are currently in hospital at Daenam Hospital, 64 are transferred to other hospitals, 7 are killed, 3 are residents of other regions)
○ In Chungnam, 16 people were confirmed * by 9 am today, and checkups are occurring mainly in Cheonan sports facilities.
* It is distributed to 28 people in the aggregate data as of 13:00 on the day of Chungnam itself.
In addition, one patient who had been admitted from February 20-25 at Gongju Medical Center was confirmed, and the inpatients and staff members who had contact with the confirmed patients are currently being quarantined.
□ The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will provide 'Infectious Disease Management Special Education' to 'Medical Areas with Infectious Diseases' to prevent the spread within Corona19.
○ Correct personal protective equipment * and proper transport of infected patients are essential to protect the safety of medical staff. In addition, proper disinfection and cleaning of facilities and equipment exposed to viruses are also important to prevent the spread.
* The recommended level of protective equipment is different depending on the treatment situation, and 4 types of personal protective equipment including disposable waterproof long-sleeved gown or whole body protective equipment (Level D) are recommended for respiratory sampling.(Continue . . . )