Thursday, March 11, 2010

Countdown To Superbug

 

 

# 4421

 

 

I will confess that I am almost as excited by the pending release of Maryn McKenna’s new book on MRSA as she is.   Superbug: The Fatal Menace of MRSA is just two short weeks from publication, and I’ve already ordered my copy from Amazon.

 

Maryn has been keeping us updated with the pre-publication whirlwind of activity that comes with authorship, and today she brings us a first look – a sample chapter no less – from her upcoming book.

 

I’ll simply refer you to Maryn’s Superbug blog for more of the exciting details, including a recent (and excellent) 10-minute radio interview, and some information on her upcoming book tour. 

 

Incredibly, three people I know have been affected by CA (Community Acquired) MRSA over the past year.  An occurrence that, 15 years ago, was almost unheard of.  

 

MRSA truly is one of the great challenges facing the medical community in the coming years.  Maryn’s book and website are two excellent sources of information on this fascinating emerging disease threat.