The latest (1200hrs CET) update from the Italian MOH has been posted and we find 128 new cases and 2 additional deaths have been added. Barely a week ago, Italy's case count still stood at 3, illustrating how quickly COVID-19 can spread in a community.
Covid-19: cases in Italy at 12 noon on February 27th
528 people are infected with the new Sars-CoV-2 coronavirus in Italy. Of these, 14 people died and 42 people recovered.
Compared to the bulletin at 6 pm on 26 February, there was an increase in the number of infected people of 128 units.
There are 159 patients hospitalized with symptoms, 37 are in intensive care, while 278 are in home isolation.
These are the official figures communicated today at the 12 noon conference by the Commissioner for the Civil Protection emergency, Angelo Borrelli.
In the individual Regions the number of infected people is as follows:
- Lombardy: 305. (Increase of +47 cases compared to the bulletin of February 26th - 6pm)
- Veneto: 98. (Increase of +27 cases compared to the bulletin of February 26th - 18.00)
- Emilia Romagna: 97. (Increase of + 50 cases compared to the bulletin of February 26th - 6pm)
- Liguria: 11
- Lazio: 3 (the 2 Chinese tourists and the resigned researcher)
- Piedmont: 3
- Sicily: 3
- Campania: 2
- Tuscany: 2
- Abruzzo: 1
- Brands: 1
- Puglia: 1
- Autonomous Province of Bolzano: 1