Excluding the 600+ confirmed cases aboard the Diamond Princess, we've seen Japan's total number of COVID-19 cases nearly tripled over the past 7 days, going from 30 cases last Friday to 84 today.
All of these new cases appear to be community acquired, raising concerns that the virus is becoming better established in Japan's population.While individual Prefectures are investigating, and reporting (see links below) on cases - Japan's MOH has a summary.
Today (February 19), Sagamihara City, Kanagawa Prefecture, Sapporo City, Hokkaido, Okinawa Prefecture, Tokyo and Nagoya City reported the following 10 cases of the new coronavirus-related infectious diseases as follows. I will report it.
With this announcement, there will be 84 domestic infections (70 patients, 14 asymptomatic pathogen carriers).
- Sagamihara City: 2 patients (60th case: male in their 80s, 61st: male in their 70s)
- Kanagawa Prefecture: 1 patient (62nd: male in their 60s)
- Sapporo: 1 patient (63 cases Eyes: Men in their 40s)
- Hokkaido: 1 patient (64th case: 60s)
- Okinawa: 1 patient (65th case: 60s)
- Tokyo: 3 patients (66th case: 70s) 67th case: 70s female, 68th case: 70s female)
* If the contents of the documents published by the local government do not conform to the ministry's publication standards, they will be published in accordance with the ministry's publication standards.
- Nagoya city: 1 patient (69th case: 50s female) and below, Sagamihara city, Kanagawa prefecture, Sapporo city, Hokkaido, Okinawa prefecture, Tokyo and Information from Nagoya City
○ Confirmation of new patients in Kanagawa Prefecture due to new coronavirus infection (Kanagawa Prefecture)
○ Outbreaks of Okinawan New Coronavirus Infectious Diseases (Part 2) (Okinawa Prefecture)
○ Tokyo Metropolitan New Coronavirus Outbreaks of related patients (Tokyo)